9 Tips for Maintaining Wall Niches
How to Maintain and preserve a bathroom wall niche, 5 tips and tricks
Maintaining a bathroom niche with a coloured finish (baked-on paint)
- 1.Clean with a damp cloth and mild soap. It’s best to use a microfibre cloth.
- 2. Do not use any abrasive tools or cleaners.
- 3. Rinse with fresh water and wipe off any residue after each use.
- 4. Rusting metal containers can damage the surface of your niche – avoid them at all costs.
- 5. Prolonged contact with certain cosmetic products could stain the surface.
How to maintain a bathroom niche with a brushed stainless steel and mirror finish
- 1. Use only microfibre cloths and stainless steel cleaners.
- 2. Wipe in the direction of the grain for stainless steel niches.
- 3. Stainless steel is water resistant. However, prolonged contact with steel (metal) accessories or certain cosmetics can damage the surface and cause partial corrosion. If this happens, use a stainless steel decontaminant (CLR). Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- 4. To remove a slight scratch on a brushed stainless steel niche, use a very light abrasive pad and brush lightly several times in the direction of the grain.